How does the School Smiles program work?
- School Smiles will provide all paperwork and handle all communication directly with parents!
- Our local professional dental team will arrive at your school on a date convenient for you!
- All services are provided inside the school so children always remain safe and secure!
- We provide dental checkups twice a year AND return to your school to provide restorative treatment so the children get the care they NEED!
On the day of services:
- School Smiles dental team arrives at the school and setups inside the school in the designated area selected by the school.
- One-by-one the children are retrieved from the classroom and brought to an on-site clinic for their appointment.
- The following procedures will be performed on the initial appointment date: X-Rays, Comprehensive Exam, Cleaning, Fluoride Treatment, Sealants (as needed).
- During the initial appointment a treatment plan is created by the dentist for children needing additional follow up dental services such as; restorations including fillings and crowns, as well as extractions.
School Smiles will return to the school to provide the additional restorative care and we will coordinate a date with the school that is acceptable.
- Children to receive restorative care are scheduled for the next appointment date for completion of the additional treatment, as needed.
- At minimum School Smiles will attempt to visit each school twice a year to provide 6-month dental checkups for children enrolled in the program.
- Additional visit for restorative care are scheduled as needed based on those children in need!
School Smiles provides each child (parent/guardian) with after-hours emergency call center information!
School Smiles is available to attend back to school nights, school registration days, health fairs, classroom presentations, and other opportunities to educate children and parents/guardians about our services and the importance of oral health.