Skip to content
How do services at School Smiles work?
- A complete packet of paperwork including consent, patient information, medical/dental history and HIPAA forms are sent home from school with the child.
- Parent/guardian completes the packet and submits all paperwork to School Smiles per specified return method defined by their specific school district.
- Child’s information is reviewed and School Smiles will notify parent/guardian of child’s appointment date.
- School Smiles arrives at designated school and a fully functional dental operatory is set up in a specified private area.
- Child is then retrieved from the classroom and brought to an on-site clinic for his appointment.
- The following procedures will be performed on the initial appointment date: X-Rays, Comprehensive Exam, Cleaning, Fluoride Treatment, Sealants (as needed)
- A treatment plan is developed at this initial appointment if further dental treatment is recommended. Treatment offered but not limited to: dental exams, cleanings, x-rays, fluoride treatment, sealants, restorations, and crowns.
- Parent/guardian reviews and consents to the treatment. Consents are returned to School Smiles per method defined by the specific school district.
- Child is scheduled for the next appointment date for completion of treatment.
- Following each appointment, School Smiles will see that each visit (procedures, etc.) are properly filed with your insurance.
School Smiles Professional Care
- Our staff handles EVERYTHING!
- Schools Smiles will provide registration packets ready for backpacks. We will collect the forms from the school and coordinate the rest!
- Our staff will verify insurance benefits and handle all insurance claim processing
- School Smiles accepts Medicaid and most private pay insurance
- Cash, Checks and Major Credit Cards Accepted
- Funding and grant opportunities available for those who qualify through the School Smiles Foundation, Inc.
- Scheduling; prior to our arrival School Smiles will provide the school with a list of students scheduled to see the dentist. We will avoid scheduling children during lunch, recess and other time blocks we are made aware of.
- Patient records are maintained by School Smiles and stored securely at our home office. Electronic patient records are stored securely through our web-based encrypted practice management software.
- Services are provided securely inside the school. A fully functional portable dental operatory is set-up and removed by the School Smiles staff.
- School Smiles will provide each child (parent/guardian) with after hours emergency call center information.
- Referrals to specialist (if needed)
- School Smiles is available to attend back to school nights, school registration days, health fairs, classroom presentations, and other opportunities to educate children and parents/guardians about our services and the importance of oral health.